We arrived in Cascais in the middle of the day. Arrival was quiet. The marina is beautiful! and we love to meet this pretty little coastal town.
We spent a lot of time here, resting and enjoying our friends from Brazil who moved here a while ago. We went to Lisbon, strolled around Cascais, took care of Beluga, went sailing...
But the best of all was the food. oh man, we had nice food here! We were always in the market to buy "Almejoas", fresh fish, wines, fruits ... we went in "Tascas" ... Even oysters with white wine was part of our eating.
The Portuguese are very friendly! It's good to speak our language a little. At last!
The time came and we had to say goodbye, and there we went to the beginning of a long crossing.
Cascais - Canary Islands = about 700 nautical miles (4 days)
Some tips for those traveling to Cascais:
The museums are scattered around the village (in an area called the "museum district"), you walk around and you come across a bunch of them. All the buildings are beautiful, and very well signposted.
Walk or cycle along the seafront that connects the Marina to Guincho beach (a beautiful beach!). If you return in the late afternoon you will find a BEAUTIFUL sunset.
Go by train to Lisbon. The view is beautiful and the trip takes about 30 min.
Stroll around the old town and its streets
Stroll around the Marina and watch the beautiful boats. It is a good time to eat something at the "marisco na praça" which is delicious!
We visited some hotels out of curiosity and here's a bit of what we found:
- Farol design Hotel - The house and location of the hotel are beautiful. But when we walked in, we found it a bit extravagant and with the pool part a little badly treated. Maybe a good idea would be to have lunch here, because the view is worth it.
- Hotel Pestana Cidadela - We found this hotel very cool. It is in a square with galleries, in front of the Marina, and its construction is very pretty. is a small and intimate hotel.
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa - This is one of those large, luxurious and comfortable hotels. And with a beautiful view!
- Hotel Baia - a good option for a hotel very well located, however not very charming or luxurious. but I would say it is a very nice environment.
- Hotel Albatroz - We did not come to visit it, but with research we did find it a very charming hotel, in a beautiful house on the beach of the conceição.
Some restaurant suggestions:
- Furnas do Guincho
- Mar do Inferno (mais conhecido como "dona Lourdes")
- Monte Mar
- Marisco na Praça (na Marina)
- taberna Clandestina (para drinks e tapas)
- Café Galeria House of Wonders